Site Navigation

In my Florida divorce case, how do I reply to the petition?

The answer is your formal response to all the allegations the other spouse made in the petition. You must file a written answer to a divorce petition as soon as possible to avoid missing the court deadline for the response. The following are guidelines in filing for your formal response to the petition.

  • Check the petition papers to see if an answer form is included.
  • Contact the court if no answer form was included with the petition papers. Ask for an answer form and court instructions.
  • State what you disagree with on the petition and why on the answer form. Follow the court instructions regarding formatting and word usage.
  • Bring the written answer form and your photo identification to a notary public.
  • Bring the answer and copies to the court where the petition was filed. File the answer, and pay any required fee.

For divorce assistance, contact the Divorce Attorney Tampa for your Free Consultation at (813) 336-3616.

The information provided is for your reference only, is not intended to be advice, and should not be construed as such. The information provided or legal statutes may change at any time, and we are not accountable for the accuracy of this information. Use of this website or information provided does not constitute a client-attorney relationship. Please contact us for legal assistance with your specific question or need.